WE’RE STILL OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Updated Friday 20th March, 2020 at 10:11am
Caboolture Sports Club would like to thank all members and guests for their ongoing support as the effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) are being felt across the world.
We can assure all members and guests that we are taking a sensible and measured approach in line with the best interests of our members, staff and community.
The update from the Australian Government yesterday to limit indoor gatherings over 100 people, has been further clarified by the State Government on how these measures apply to our industry. It has been clarified that the 100 person limit applies on a per-area basis for large venues such as ours.
As such, we have implemented the following temporary trading measures:
- Our club is open for business, with our normal trading hours applying
- We are limiting each defined area of the club to 100 patrons maximum, areas include:
- Gaming room – access to gaming machines with beverage/snack menu available
- Mill Restaurant – offering a-la-carte menu and specials for lunch & dinner
- Laneway Cafe – open for all-day dining, coffee and cake
- Tempo Lounge – including bar, TAB, Keno and entertainment
- Terrace – lounge area and private functions/events
- Grevillea Room – additional dining room for selected periods
- Each of these areas has been re-arranged to provide for social distancing, with a minimum gap of 1.5m between tables and every second gaming machine vacant.
- We will monitor and limit capacity to 100 patrons in each area.
Strict hygiene standards
Caboolture Sports Club will continue to adhere to the strictest of hygiene standards including:
- Offering hand sanitisers at all counters, in bathrooms and at various points across the venue
- Dedicated hygiene officers on duty at all times, regularly disinfecting all counters and surfaces including gaming touch panels, CRTs, ATMs, EFTPOS terminals, swipe terminals, door handles, handrails, bathroom facilities, countertops and tables
- Strict guidelines for all staff to not attend work and isolate if they are unwell, or meet any of the criteria recommended to quarantine
Changes to club promotions & events
As a result of the limitations on indoor gatherings, all promotions and events have been temporarily cancelled or postponed.
A summary of the changes to our promotions and events, along with the actions we are taking for members affected, is contained in the following tables:
How you can help
Since sending our initial update last Friday, we have been inundated with messages of support from members.
Supporting your local community club is now more important than ever. Your patronage is critical to helping us continue to provide the $1.89 million in cash and in-kind donations to our community each year, along with the $14.5 million in wages paid to over 300 employees across our venues.
However, we ask of you the following:
- Clean your hands regularly with soap and water or hand sanitiser
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth and avoid shaking hands;
- Avoid contact with anyone who is unwell.
A reminder, you must not visit the clubs if any of the following apply:
- You are unwell or showing symptoms of fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue, and shortness of breath
- You have returned from overseas travel in the past 14 days; or
- You have been in close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID 19 or is displaying the symptoms of COVID-19.
A final word
Our senior management team are continuing to monitor the advice from authorities and will be providing regular updates as more information comes to hand. Please ensure you follow us on social media for the latest updates.
We thank all our members and guests for their understanding and support through this difficult time.